Photos From the Gulf
Field Observation & Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA)
- Natural Resources Damage: A Primer: Answers to common questions about natural resource damages.
- Field Observation Process: Information about our Field Observation (NRDA) Report tool.
- Submitted Early Restoration Projects by State: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida (Project lists will be linked as they are publically released)
- NRDA Submitted Projects: Any citizen, environmental group, oil company, or governmental agency (local, state, or federal) can submit restoration projects. This map shows all the projects submitted so far.
Tracking Oil Spill Pollution in the Gulf of Mexico
- Gulf Monitoring Consortium: Waterkeeper Alliance, SkyTruth and SouthWings
- SkyTruth: Non-profit that uses satellite images to track ongoing oil pollution
- SouthWings: Alliance of volunteer pilots that brings Waterkeepers in the air to find environmental degradation
- Wikipedia page on Oil Spills
SkyTruth pulls NRC reports onto a map of the Gulf of Mexico daily. Check out how many spills, leaks and other forms of oil industry pollution is being reported everyday on the Gulf Coast.
SkyTruth image with data from Florida State University: Natural seepage location near the Macondo well
- Crude Oil & Human Health: How exposure to crude oil effects the human body.
- How Much Oil Has Leaked Into the Gulf of Mexico?: An automatic ticker application created by PBS Newshour.
- Dispersants: Human Health: How the dispersants used on the oil spill effect the human body.
- Dispersants: Composition & MSDS: Information about the chemical composition of dispersants being used to address the oil spill.