Please donate now to aid the disaster recovery. You can make a difference.
The Gulf Waterkeepers need your help: Please donate now to aid the disaster recovery. Our Gulf Waterkeepers are the first line of defense during this ongoing disaster. Their incredible knowledge of the marshes, wetlands, beaches, and inner-coastal waters make them invaluable first responders. Their commitment makes them critical and effective community leaders, and their dedication to a full recovery is unmatched. Please help now: Your donations will provide everything Waterkeepers need from clean-up supplies and protective gear to emergency office space and food for volunteers. You can make a difference.
Every dollar you donate goes to support the Gulf Waterkeepers’ work in response to the BP oil disaster so they may:
- Provide critical local knowledge, expertise and feedback on response and mitigation plans to federal, state and local agencies.
- Respond to and manage hotline calls and emails and volunteer requests.
- Purchase protective gear, clean-up supplies and other equipment.
- Work directly with their fisher and coastal communities as a trusted local source of information and action.
- Conduct flyovers and physical inspections of impacted areas.
- Document pre- and post- impact conditions using photos and videos and community interviews.
- Develop and implement water monitoring plans for sampling and laboratory analyses.
- Assess economic damage to estuaries and fishing communities.
- Advocate for enhanced regulatory oversight of safety protocols and permitting procedures.
- Establish, implement and manage long-term coordination and restoration efforts.
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. We have four safe and easy ways to donate:
Thank you for using our secure online donation page. One hundred percent of each donation goes directly to the Gulf Waterkeepers working on the frontlines of this disaster to ensure the protection of their waterways and communities.
Please make checks out to Waterkeeper Alliance and write “Save Our Gulf” in the memo line. Checks may be mailed to:
Save Our Gulf
17 Battery Place, Suite 1329
New York, NY 10004